Why, hello there! I’m so happy you’ve stumbled upon my blog! Since you clicked on this page, I’d wager you’re looking to find out more about me and I’d also wager that you’re wondering what to expect from this corner of the online world. Well, my friends, you don’t have to wait a minute longer. Let’s get right into it…
My name is Jaclynn Marie, though I’m sure you’ve already figured that part out by now. As it says on the sidebar, I’m a young adult who never grew up, so… perhaps I’m a lost girl originating from Neverland? It’s a nice thought, anyway. 😉
Writing has been a part of my life for many years now and I’ve always had a very active imagination. Coming up with stories is the easier part of the writing process for me, but give me a pen and a blank page (or a keyboard and blank Word Document) and you’ll probably find me staring at it blankly (pun intended) for a good long while. However, once I get started, you might as well say goodbye to me for at least a week because there will be no stopping the word flow
(at least, not until my first burnout or case of writer’s block or something).
Truly though, I love writing so much. It’s something I can’t imagine going without in my life.
Speaking of going without, I have come to accept the fact that I can not write a single story without there being at least a romantic subplot. I have tried so hard to resist, but… eventually I have to give in or I will die. Probably at the hand of my characters…
Hm? What genre do I write? Ah, good question! I tend to stick to Fantasy and Romance. That’s been my niche for a while now, though a part of me would like to try my hand at Historical or Contemporary Fiction. Just to change things up, I guess 😉
No matter what genre I write, my mission remains the same – to bring glory to my Lord and Savior through every word that I write. The world is a dark place indeed, but I aim to spread light, love, and hope through my stories.
To paraphrase Samwise Gamgee, “There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth writing for.”
Now I’m sure you’re also wondering what I enjoy besides writing. Well, I take pleasure in many things, but here’s a few specific things:
– Going to Disneyland. It really is The Happiest Place on Earth and I love spending time there with my mom and sister especially. Now this is a place that really has “a great scope for the imagination.” <3
– Binge watching my favorite shows such as: Once Upon a Time, Merlin, Heartland, Downton Abbey, The Paradise, and oh my word there’s too many to list!
– Shopping. I really love going shopping. Especially for clothes or cute things like Funko POP!s. I’m a huge collector so I gravitate to anything small, cute, collectible, and squeal worthy.
– This one might sound silly, but I love doing nothing. In the words of Winnie The Pooh, “Doing nothing often leads to the very best something.” I can not tell you how many times I have found that to be true. <3
– Spending time with my family and friends. Whether I’m screaming with my best friends, babysitting my precious niece, laughing my head off with my siblings, or having heart to heart talks with my parents, I am always happiest when I’m with the people I love.
My dream is to be a published author and I am striving to make that a reality. This blog is a part of making that dream come true. You can expect to see all manner of posts on here from writing advice, story snippets, musings, and more! I love what I do and I’m so happy to have this corner of the web to express it 🙂
Thus concludes your personal introduction to the author herself. *takes a bow* I hope you’ll drop a comment and introduce yourself, too – I’d love to meet you! 🙂